Social Neuroscience of Ageing
Page edited on: 16th August 2010
Workshop on behalf of ECSRC at 28 Portland Place, London
28 Portland Place, London
On behalf of the ESRC the NDA Programme organised the UK's first
workshop on this new area of scientific inquiry in July 2008. It was a
joint meeting between leading researchers from the UK and US and funded
jointly by the ESRC and US National Institute of Aging (NIA). The goals
of the workshop were to:
- Compare the state-of-the-art in the two countries in the application of social neuroscience to the ageing field.
- Pinpoint the major conceptual and methodological advances necessary to progress this application.
- Bridge scientific expertise such as population and experimental sciences.
- Highlight major gaps in knowledge and key priorities for research in this field over the next 5 years.
- Explore the potential for cross-national collaboration.
- Identify the main obstacles to progress.
A summary of the two days conference will be out soon.