Older People's Reference Group
Find out about the Older People's Reference Group for the NDA programme
Click here to view the NDA Programme Older People's Reference Group End of Programme Report 2013
Front row: Teresa Lefort, John Jeffery, Elsie Richardson, Mary Sinfield
Second row: Irene Richardson, Cynthia Conrad, Savita Katbamna
Third row: John Barry, Steve Thornett, Brian Todd, Elizabeth Sclater, Jim Harding, Alan Walker
Not present: Mary Brown, Tony Hill, Harbhajan Singh, Urmila Tanna
- To advise the Director on the overall shape, structure and balance of the programme from the perspective of older people.
- To help to monitor outputs from the programme and consider their implications for older people.
- To help to disseminate the outputs from the programme, especially to older people, and to encourage discussion of the findings.
- To act as a resource to the programme on issues concerning the involvement of older people in all stages of the research process.
- To give advice where requested to individual research projects within the programme.
- To write a report on experience of working within the programme.
OPRG Evaluation Criteria (printable version)
- The OPRG will have
significantly raised awareness within the Programme about the major issues of
concern to older people.
- The OPRG has provided
constructive advice and comments on how the NDA should reflect the difference
perspectives of older people.
- The OPRG has engaged
constructively with individual projects and encouraged awareness of the
specific needs of older people.
- The OPRG has acted
independently, flexibly and proactively to help to ensure that the NDA Programme
achieves its objectives.
OPRG active members: